Saturday

Day Seven: Chicago & Flying Machines

Friday, March 5th:

Arrived in O'hare at 3:45pm. At 5:30 I decided to take a cab to the venue. The band hadn't accounted for Chicago's horrific traffic. Seven miles and 37 minutes later, I arrived at Martyrs'. This venue is legit. Two full bars, dining area, greenroom upstairs with shower, free food (I had a delicious black bean burger), and bar tab. This is where I'd be on a Friday night if I lived here.

Finally, after two poorly booked acoustic/folk acts, Flying Machines took the stage. Having never seen them live before, they completely blew my mind.

@ Martyrs' in Chicago 3-5-10

@ Martyrs' in Chicago 3-5-10

@ Martyrs' in Chicago 3-5-10

@ Martyrs' in Chicago 3-5-10

@ Martyrs' in Chicago 3-5-10

@ Martyrs' in Chicago 3-5-10

@ Martyrs' in Chicago 3-5-10

@ Martyrs' in Chicago 3-5-10

@ Martyrs' in Chicago 3-5-10

@ Martyrs' in Chicago 3-5-10

@ Martyrs' in Chicago 3-5-10

@ Martyrs' in Chicago 3-5-10

@ Martyrs' in Chicago 3-5-10

I didn't get time to see the city, sadly. But so goes the downside of touring. Next stop Minneapolis, MN.

No comments:

Post a Comment