Thursday

Day Six: The Bronx & The NY Skyline

Woke up and went back to the now familiar Rockefeller Center for lunch at Dervish and had some amazing penne pasta with eggplant. We then went to Bronx to (expectingly) tour Edgar Allan Poe's cottage. Sadly, it's only open Saturdays and Sundays (I'll be back for sure), but I got some great photos anyway. It's truly amazing how preserved it is. He lived out the last three years of his life in this shack. I'm a little jealous.

Edgar Allan Poe's Cottage

Edgar Allen Poe's Gate

I then walked the Bronx streets and very much fell in love. The character in the monotony of the buildings is inspiring.

The Bronx

Next stop was New York Botanical Gradens.

NY Botanical Gardens

Among the park preserve landscape was Haupt Conservatory.

Botanical Gardens

The current exhibit was The Orchid Show, which I was happy to observe.

NY Botanical Gardens

Orchid at NY Botanical Gardens

Orchid at NY Botanical Gardens

Orchid at NY Botanical Gardens

Orchid at NY Botanical Gardens

Orchid at NY Botanical Gardens

The final stop of the night (and my last in New York before I meet Flying Machines in Chicago for their SXSW tour) was the NBC Experience at Rockefeller Center. The view was amazing.

New York

New York

New York

New York

In short, New York makes me smile.

Picture Perfect

No comments:

Post a Comment