Monday

Day Three: Broadway's Calling & Zerofriends

Monday, March 1st:

Woke up a little later than hoped to (damn PST), so rescheduled Central Park for tomorrow. Headed to Manhattan anyway to see Broadway, Times Square, and the like.

Radio City

Times Square

Times Square

I was confronted with a question: Since when does a creepy baby reaching out for a hug represent "love"? And since when does it belong on a billboard?

Creepy Love

Anyway, I further fell in love with the hustle and bustle of the city. "The City That Never Sleeps" is an understatement. The abundance of cabs taking pleiads and peasants to and fro. So many opportunities to be and not to be. Pretentiously vague? Possibly. Where are you?

Grey Cab Co

I also fell in love with the architecture. My passion for the art still exists and I want to design structures such as these:

Times Square

Oh, and I want a garden like this one day:

4th St

After having amazing falafel at Lucky Star Cafe, we strolled over to Zerofriends NYC on 9th (at the Giant Robot spot featuring David Choe, Takashi Murakami, and Dehara through March 24th).

Me In Front Of Zerofriends NYC

I've always loved Alex Pardee's work and it definitely helps that when I met him at the Cage video shoot, he was super cool. He'll be at a signing at the shop on the 27th. I'll be back.

Zerofriends NYC

Zerofriends NYC

Zerofriends NYC

Sean "The Sales Rep" and I:

Sean & I At Zerofriends NYC

Curious story about Sean: He also works with David Stanworth (who runs Snafu Comics and who lived in Fresno for about a year). Through a mutual acquaintance (those who know me know who I'm talking about) I hung around Dave a lot and got to know him and what he's about. I really like him and his business mindset. The two other guys that work with/for him are Shawn (the original) and Layne, who I hope to see again, as they all moved back to Utah at the end of last year. Still, it's a small world even at the opposite end of the country. Oh, and Sean also knows the Rademacher guys, another welcome reminder of home in a strange land.

I fell like I'm home.

Odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment